On March 16, the Government of Alberta instructed all Licenced Child Care Centres to close. On March 23, certain centres in Alberta were selected to re-open and support front line, critical and essential workers. We were honored to be one of the centres asked by the Ministry of Children Services to provide this support.
As per the Stage 2 of Alberta’s relaunch plan, we have outlined below some of the enhanced procedures and measures that we will firmly follow:
- The maximum capacity of any room at any one time will be 30 (staff and children).
- Any child, staff or parent must not enter the child care space if they are sick, even if symptoms resemble a mild cold. Symptoms to look for include but are not limited to: fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, runny nose, nasal congestion, headache, and a general feeling of being unwell.
- We shall engage in frequent thorough cleaning each day. We shall follow regulations regarding cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting as per the AHS Guidelines.
- There will be no non-essential visitors and no volunteers at the program.
- Where possible, social distancing practices should occur, for example, avoid close greetings like hugs or handshakes. Try to maintain 2 metres between people.
- Our programs shall engage in frequent hand washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Parents shall be reminded through visible signage (posters) and when children are first registered for the program we will check children’s temperatures daily before coming to the program. For reference, normal temperatures are: Mouth: 35.5-37.5°C (95.9-99.5°F), Underarm: 36.5-37.5°C (97.7-99.5°), Ear (not recommended in infants): 35.8-38.0°C (96.4-100.4°F).
- Staff will be regularly monitored for their health conditions.
If you have any question or need more information on our operation during COVID-19 crisis, please feel free to reach out to us at 403-523-9889